What can a typist do?
A typist is a person who can type different documents with the help of his typing speed. A person must type very quickly with high accuracy speed. We can also call a typist a professional person whose goal is to complete tasks in the required time period. A typist is a person who creates a both soft and hard copy of documents on provided requirements of a client. The workload of a typist is very less and one has to only maintain the spreadsheets, maintain proper filling etc. A typist has to do all kind to typing like from visual typing, audio typing as well as shorthand typing.
- Must type all kind of materials using typewriter or computer and word processing software.
- The typing skills are used to produce a duplicate data to reproduce a copy data.
- Read and follow proper instructions and determine the total number of copies needed and other such requirements.
- Type all the data from paper formats to digital forms.
- Take regular notes by meeting with a client and manager of a company.
- Must keep all information confidential with security policies.
The typist can work in various environments like one can be employ of a company or offices. The whole environment is away from noise, stress, comfort, and working in flexible working hours. The typist can also take a work of a freelancing.
Pros and cons
- One has to work in flexible work hours but for long hours to complete the deadlines on time.
- The person can’t work in a noisy environment and must found a peaceful place such like a home.
- One can also earn extra money during his or study but have to arrange time schedules to complete the tasks.
How to become a typist?
To become a typist, one needs not any formal qualifications and only need a good typing speed. A learner can concern from any nearest education center for training details. To become a certified typist, one must know how to type, learn word process software and always keep on the learning platform. The skills required to become a typist are:
- Maintain a proper speed so that the work can be done before deadlines.
- Must contain excellent reading and listening skills.
- Have the ability to write any kind of material.
- Can work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must completed high school diploma or any kind of computer training.
The salary is estimated on the bonuses, wages and also paid on the mentioned hours. The overall salary of a fresher typist is from 19k-21k and experienced can earn up to 27k to 30 k. some typists who are working in this profession more than 2 to 5 years can achieve benefits in medical treatment such as dental insurance. The position for this job requirement is more covered with the females.
The job opportunities in this profession have a negative record since 2004 and the numbers of vacancies are on the decreasing number with 39%. It is assumed that the demand of typists is expected to grow up with the number of 32000 incoming 2008.