What does Scientist do?
A scientist works for a variety of fields, some of them are food science, zoology, and microbiology. A scientist work in almost every area of science. They work of a scientist is totally based on experiments and investigations in a range of areas it includes Geoscience, cosmologists, medical research centers, meteorology and in pharmacology. These are the broad research areas a scientist works on a much more specialized topic, such as gravitational waves or various other. A science is the application of systematic processes which totally depend upon observation and experiments, it is the study of what things are made of and how they behave. Astronomy and geology are the few of the many scientific fields.
The scientific method focuses on the observations which can be explained as finding the way to explain the observations that remain constant and after that testing those ideas. New ideas are also presented and tested. Science frequently challenges the old observations with the new one. A collection of new data and making it sure is another process of a scientist.
Responsibilities and duties of scientists:
- The scientists work in multidisciplinary teams like in different facilities such as schools in academic circles, and in a different business in an industry, they are used to carry out or examine the reviews of written publications or various other presentations to confirm the theories and information research.
- The scientists have to keep their self up to date with their work this can be done by attending the academic conferences across the world and must have knowledge of industry journals.
- Proper planning and conducting the experiments is one of the duties of scientists. They record the various observations to analyze the data and carry out the fieldwork the results are further represented in senior and other research staff the whole process is then submitted in the form of writing research papers, reports, reviews, and summaries.
- The preparation of research proposals is further used for demonstrating a purpose. To supervise the junior staff, including technicians is another responsibility of scientists.
- Develop systems so that the data can be analyzed in a better way through a variety of media channels the research work is displayed to various stakeholders communicate is done by the senior scientists and with the administrators through the formal and informal reports.
The working hours depend upon the 5 or 6 days working it can be full day working also or the candidate has to work on weekends or in the evening or may have to work even in shift patterns and commercial deadlines. Depending upon the field of specialty the person has to travel nationally or internationally for the research work or for the conferences in different locations this might be helpful to increase the knowledge and can be helpful to make the person update about the various new plans.
How to become a scientist?
Education requirement: the minimum qualification is 10+2 pass and for further the various degrees and courses are available. It includes various steps:
The candidate should choose the stream of certain courses such as mathematics, chemistry, astronomy or geology.
The bachelor degree process involves the various fields:
- Bachelors of Art (social science)
- Bachelor of Science (in applied science)
- B.E/B. Tech in any related field
The 10+2 examination should be passed with 60% marks. The eligible candidate can further apply for the entrance exam like GATE, AIEEE, and IIT-JEE. It will take approx 3-4 years since graduation.
After the completion of graduation degree, the candidate can move on the Master’s process. These also involve a number of courses:
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- M.E/ M. Tech in the related field.
Postgraduate degree can take 2-3 years.
For Ph.D. or the Doctorate degree, the candidate has to go through the entrance exam ARS/NET.
The salary of the scientist depends upon the qualification or is according to the academic qualification. The annual income is 2,00,000 to 2,50,000 per annum there is no proper limit the salary can vary according to the experience.
- Scientists should be detail oriented, they must have the craziness of noticing even the small observations and recording them. Their mind should be analytical, and the data should be categorized in an efficient way. The observations are totally based on the facts and hypotheses. The scientist has to answer the various questions which are based on the research and observation.
- Scientist has to work in a team or have to work independently it depends on a project. The effective communicating skill should be there.
- People having the science careers usually work alone and for this reason, one must have the good networking skills. A good scientist has the ability to explain the scientific ideas to a person who is completely unknown by this field.
- The scientist must have to be open minded as they have to work in different locations and with different peoples.
The candidate can achieve the experience through successful projects. The additional teaching, supervisory and administrative duties are also available for the candidate.