Army officers work for the service of the country. Army officers are trained in the offense and the defense strategies. We all are always proud on our Indian army. They are the pillars of our country.
What does Army officer or the Armed forces do?
Army officers are the managers, problem-solver or the leaders who trained the soldiers for all the situations. The army officer service is highly recommendable and the rewarded one. They are the one who always saves us from the tough situations like flood, earthquake and from terrorist. We always respect their job as they are the one who never ever think for themselves. It can be mainly explained as the defending or protecting the people from external and internal threats.
Motto: Service before Self – “Seva Paramo Dharma”
Attributes: the attributes about this profession is:
- Professional Advancement
- Job Satisfaction
- Job Security
- Economic Stability
- Social Status
- Quality of Life
- Variety and Adventure
Abilities: the abilities that are required in Army officers are
- Be Patriotic
- Be a Team Player
- Have Leadership Qualities
- Be Problem solver
- Have a sense of Responsibility
- Good Stamina and Physical Fitness
- Adaptable to change
- Looking out for others
- Strong Determination
- Self Confident
Services provided for the Indian army are:
- Army Service corps – ration, transport, and clerks
- Army Medical Corps
- Army ordnance corps – armament, ammunition, vehicles, clothing and all equipment
- Corps of electronics and mechanical engineers – repairs and recovery
- Remounted veterinary corps
- The Intelligence corps
Ranks of Army officer: The ranks of Army are given below
- Field Marshal (a five-star ceremonial rank, held for life)
- General (the rank held by Chief of Army Staff)
Required Education Bachelor’s degree
Other Requirements Minimum age, physical standards, and training as
Required by the Army
Median Salary Dependent on contract, rank, and experience
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- You must be physically fit and free from any disease/disability and excess fat. The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cm.
- Candidates must be able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye, with or without glasses.
- Besides these general conditions, each training institute and exam has its own standards and requirements. There is a separate screening process for women planning to join the Indian Army.
Modes of Entry for Officers in the Indian Army:
- National Defense Academy
- Indian Military Academy: It has the following modes of entry:
- Direct entry
- NCC Entry
- Technical Entry Scheme
- University Entrance Scheme
- Officer Training Academy (OTA)
- Short Service Commission (Non-Technical)
- Short Service commission (Technical).
- Short Service Commission (NCC special Entry Scheme)
- Women Special Entry Scheme (Officers)
- Lieutenant: Rs 15600 – 39000
- Captain: Rs 15600 – 39000
- Major: Rs 15600 – 39000
- Lt.Colonel: Rs 37000 – 67000
- Colonel: Rs 37000 – 67000
- Brigadier: Rs 37000 – 67000
- Major General: Rs 37000 – 67000
- Lt. General: Rs 67000 – 69000
- Chief of Staff: Rs 70000
Beside the salary they get many other benefits like provident fund, gratuity. Their families get many other benefits like tax free shopping of grocery and other goods, school fees of children etc. Army officer is highly respected in society.
Carrier graph of Army officers:
- 5 years – Captain
- 11 years – Major
- 16 + years – Lt. Colonel
- 20 years – Colonel
- 23 years – Brigadier
- 25 years – Major General
- 28 years – Lieutenant General
- 28+ years – General
Skills: the following skills are required for Army Officers.
- Excellent communication skills should be there if you want to apply for Army officer.
- Have the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Team working skill should be there.
- The ability to give and follow orders.
- The ability to take responsibility and make decisions
- IT skills
- Organizational skill
- High level of physical fitness
- Determination, self-motivation, and discipline
- A demonstrable commitment to the forces and loyalty to your country
- Have the ability to take responsibility for the welfare, morale, and motivation.
- Have the effective communicating skill, so that interact with colleagues, professional and community groups, in both ways orally and in writing.
- Must take responsibility for your own personal as well as professional development.
The army provides education to its officers
- BA/BSC/BCA degrees are given to NDA Cadets.
- Career courses are taught when applicable.
- Study leave with full pay is granted to entitled officers.
- Specialist courses are conducted for Technical Officers
- Management courses are conducted for senior officers
Roles of Indian army:
- The soldiers play an important role in defending and protect the Indian Border from the terrorist attack.
- Help in controlling the unruly civilians.
- A soldier scarifies his life for the motherland
- They protect the people from the wars and at the time of floods, earthquakes. They conduct the rescue operations during natural calamities
- A soldier lives for the nation and dies for its dignity.
- The role which Indian soldiers have played during the four Indo-Pak War is extremely outstanding.
Supporting arms of Indian army are:
- Army air defense
- Army aviation corps